A healthy home begins with a healthy indoor environment. The same tracked in dirt, soil and pollen that can become embedded in your carpet can be collected and distributed through your home’s HVAC system. Removing these health hazards at the source can improve your indoor air quality and your family’s health.
Steamatic has decades of air duct cleaning and decontamination experience, our procedures conform strictly to the high standards of the National Air Duct Cleaners Association (NADCA). In fact, we are one of the few NADCA certified air duct cleaners in the Albuquerque area.
Our certified technicians use our source removal equipment that is specifically designed to access the register openings and reach all the way into the main ducting. Our agitation method then uses state of the art fiberglass rods that flex and bend through the entire duct system, with a whipped head at the the end of each that brushes against the duct walls to loosen debris. Then our HEPA filtered vacuums create a powerful negative air pressure to suction and trap contaminants so that they are not redistributed. During the cleaning process registers are also removed, cleaned and decontaminated.
Should I Clean My Air Ducts?
Your air ducts may need cleaning if:
- You smell dust when you turn on your heat at the beginning of Winter, or when turning on your air conditioner at the beginning of Summer
- You have musty, stale smelling air or other odors in your home
- You have unexplained respiratory problems
- You notice dust buildup around the edges of your carpet or baseboards
- You have to dust more frequently than in the past
- You notice discrepancies in the heating/cooling of certain rooms
- You notice mold growth or evidence of rodent or insect infestation in your air ducts
Dryer Vent Cleaning
Whenever you wash and dry your clothes, the dryer collects lint. Most of it is trapped in your dryer’s lint screen, but over time lint begins to accumulate in your dryer vent where it can become a fire hazard. Between 2010 and 2014 U.S. municipal fire departments responded to an estimated 15,970 home fires, 92% of which involved clothes dryers. The leading cause of those fires was failure to clean the dryer vent, according to the National Fire Protection Association.
Steamatic has over 30 years experience cleaning dryer vents. We will not only unclog your vents, but show you proper maintenance techniques to keep it working a maximum efficiency for years to come.